Warm-Up (1200 yards)
• Land Start Drills
• 1 x 300 choice
• 3 x 100 : Moving buoy drill by 25s
• 6 x 50 kick on 1:15
• 6 x 50 on 1:00 Swim Golf
Drills – Starts (200 yds)
• 10 x Vertical Jumps in streamline position
• Block positioning and drills (see backside)
• 4 starts + breakout, then easy to the wall and back
Main Set (2100 yds)
• EN-2/EN-3 Set (1500 yds)
3 x 500 as follows:
100 on 1:40
150 on 2:30
200 on 3:30
50 fast on 2:00
• EN-1 Set (600 yds)
12 x 50 on 1:00 – 25 stroke IM order + 25 free (no free – free)
Cool Down (200 yds)
• 4 x 50 choice on 1:05
Total Yards: 3700
On Land/Block Body Positioning:
- Stand on one foot. Lean forward until hands touch the ground. Them place back foot into position.
- Starting position: weight on balls of feet
- Elbows point backwards
- Hands are in front or outside of the shoulder
- Thumbs next to fingers
- Grab block with fingers not palm
- Head is down – look at hands
Pushing off the Blocks:
- Pull forward while pushing back with back foot
- Head and arms are thrown forward
- Drill #1: Hold kickboard on starter’s back to make sure they don’t stand
- Drill #2: Two people needed. One person is on the blocks. Second person holds a kickboard. Second person says, “Take you marks, GO!” At the same time, the second person hits blocks with kickboard. Then the second person swings kickboard at person’s butt. If the starter gets hit in the butt, they are too slow off the blocks.
In the Air:
- Look forward and down.
- Tuck head into streamline with one hand on top of the other.
- Squeeze your butt.
- Aim for a small hole.
Hitting the Water:
- Hold your streamline.
- Start kick when you feel like you are decelerating.
- Kick into your first stroke.