Divide Your Course
- Look for natural breaks such as buoys, swim ropes, changes in landscape, or changes in architecture.
- These will be your repeat distances.
- If you can’t find any, use the distance across the lake, a bay, or something along the shoreline.
- 1 x your set distance – Swim relaxed and get used to your surroundings
- Repeat that distance and figure out how many strokes you can do without siting
- Tighten up drill – chin tuck, shoulder retraction, tight abs, butt squeeze and loosy goosy. Ten strokes of each and repeat as many times as the distance dictates.
- Swim Ladder with good technique and tight core. Break :30s between distances. Time the 3 length distance.
1 length, 2 lengths, 3 lengths, 2 lengths, 1 length
- Swim the 3 length distance faster than you did when you were doing the ladder.
- Swim a few strokes of breaststroke, backstroke and fly.
- Swim easy back to the shore